Health & Safety
Policy on Health and Safety
Numbers Nursery recognises how children learn and develop best when they are healthy and safe (Every Child Matters). Numbers Nursery promotes a high standard of health and safety procedures at all times.
Numbers Nursery recognises the importance of strict hygiene methods to prevent the spread of infections.
- At each playgroup, we provide antibacterial hand wipes for all children and adults to use. Protective gloves are also provided where required.
- Numbers Nursery has a strict no-smoking policy.
- A public toilet and washbasin will be situated close by to our outdoor sites.
- To ensure safety is maintained, all playgroup leaders complete a site visit to prepare and familiarise themselves with the selected outdoor playgroup areas.
- Risk assessments are carried out on the day of all scheduled outdoor playgroups, at least an hour before the scheduled start time in order to identify and, if possible, eliminate or reduce any risks.
- All children must be accompanied and supervised by their parent and carers at the Numbers Nursery playgroups at all times, and parents and carers are in charge of the activities their children will participate in.
Numbers Nursery playgroup leaders are trained in paediatric first aid at Level 3, and will carry a first aid kit with them at all times.
This policy was adopted by staff on 16/02/16.